PET hard sheet has good toughness and is a new type of material developed in recent years. With its excellent toughness, high strength, high transparency, and recyclable recycling, it is easy to burn, does not produce harmful gases when burned, and is an environmentally friendly material that gradually bans PVC.
However, the price is high, and it is suitable for high-grade plastic products. The blister bulbs of European and American countries generally require PET materials. Its thermal melting point is also high, which brings great difficulties to high-frequency packaging. In order to solve this problem, people put a layer of PVC film on the PET surface, named PETG, but the price is higher. Mainly used in electronics, food, toys, color box window, collar, footwear packaging.
The advantages are as follows:
1. With excellent transparency and smoothness, the display effect is good.
2. Excellent surface decoration performance, can be printed without surface treatment, easy to press pattern, easy metal treatment (vacuum metallized layer)
3. Has good mechanical strength.
4. Good barrier to oxygen and water vapor.
5. Good chemical resistance and can withstand the erosion of many chemicals.
6. Non-toxic, reliable hygienic performance, can be packaged in food, medicine and medical equipment, and can be sterilized by Y-rays.
7. It has good adaptability to environmental protection and can be recycled economically and conveniently; when it is burned, it does not produce harmful substances. PET sheets are considered to be an ideal packaging material for (ROSH) environmental protection requirements.